Journal of Central European Agriculture (JCEA) scientific journal in agriculture
Journal of Central European Agriculture (JCEA) is an open access peer-reviewed online international scientific journal. Journal publishes new numbers 4 times per year in electronic version.
Each paper, prior to publishing, goes through review process performed by senior scientists from different member countries. Journal content features articles that reflect original research, interpretative content and content of special interest for agricultural profession.
Since one of the Journal's goals is support for preservation and development of national languages in agriculture, this website has been built to support search and display of published articles in languages of the member countries. The articles are easily used in practical and professional work of the country where the research was conducted. For reviewing and use in other countries, articles in national languages must have a detailed (prolonged) abstract and table/figure content written in English.
Journal publishes content under creative commons license and all published content on this site can be accessed, used and distributed in any form (printed or digital) free of charge. Journal doesn’t charge any publishing fee to authors.
The access to full text of published articles is available throughout downloadable Adobe PDF files. The authors of published articles bare full responsibility for the content of their papers and viewpoints of the authors presented in published papers are not necessary shared by Journal's editorial board.
From the Journal's history
JCEA was founded in 1999 by three universities from Croatia, Hungary and Slovakia. Nowadays, JCEA is an international scientific journal published in cooperation between nine member countries from Central European region. Member countries are: Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia and Serbia.
JCEA was founded as a response to the need for dynamic knowledge exchange, modern information sharing and scholarly communication. Throughout past decade of publishing, due to proper management, journal has become recognized as one of leading international journals.
Aims and scopes
- General agriculture
- Animal science
- Plant science
- Environment in relation to agricultural production, land use and wildlife management
- Agricultural economics and rural development
Original scientific paper
JCEA publishes papers containing unpublished results of original research. The material should not be previously published or under consideration elsewhere.
Reviews provide an up-to-date survey of a particular problem or an area in which, preferably, the author himself is active. The usual division into “Materials and methods", "Results and discussion” may be replaced by more customized structure.
The Journal publishes short articles that reflect important research findings and should be published rapidly. These findings should be new and unpublished as part of original scientific papers.
Reports unpublished results of short, but completed, original research, or describes original laboratory techniques (methods, apparatus etc.).
Presentation from a scientific congress related to agricultural profession, previously presented at a congress must be published in full form. As a rule, papers published in the congress proceedings are not published in the journal.
Publication Ethics and Publication Malpractice Statement
It is necessary to agree upon standards of expected ethical behavior for all parties involved in the act of publishing (authors, editors, peer reviewers, publisher).
The JCEA ethic statements are based on the guidelines and standards developed and published by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). All documents are available free of charge on COPE website
JCEA is a member of CrossCheck, a multi-publisher initiative for screen of published and submitted content for originality. By depositing published content and checking submitted manuscripts for plagiarism, JCEA is actively committed to combat against plagiarism and devoted to publication of original research.
- JCEA editor is responsible for deciding which of the articles submitted to the journal should be published
- JCEA editor will accept and evaluate manuscripts for their intellectual content regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethics origin, political philosophy, religious belief or sexual orientation of the authors
- Editors must not disclose any information about a submitted manuscript to anyone other than stakeholders
- Unpublished manuscripts or materials must not be used in an editors own research
- All submitted manuscripts will be considered for publication free of charge
- Authors attest that paper is their own, original and unpublished work
- Authors guarantee that the manuscript has not been copied or plagiarized (in whole or in part); a paper should contain sufficient details and references to permit others to replicate the work; any used information resources (phrases, data, images…) must be appropriately cited or quoted
- Authorship should be limited to those who have made a significant contribution to the manuscript content. All those who made significant contribution should be listed as co-authors
- Affiliation (all authors/co-authors) and corresponding address (main author) must be clearly stated
- When authors discover a significant error or inaccuracy in theirown published work, it is the authors' obligation to promptly notify the Publisher and cooperate with the editor to retract or correct the paper
- All manuscripts received for review must be treated as confidential documents
- Privileged information/ideas obtained by reviewers through peer review process must be kept confidential and not used for personal advantage
- Personal criticism of the author is inappropriate, review should be conducted objectively
- All suggestions and comments should be followed by supporting arguments (for detailed information please see Reviewer's guide)